Pull yourself from your prosecco in the park daze for just one second! Remember all the way back last month when that American girl’s summer bucket list was found in Urban Outfitters and went viral? If no – where have you been hiding? You can find it here. It was so honest and fun and pure – well, perhaps about the bit about giving guys blowjobs, because that deffo was never on my teenage bucket list (but then again, this girl shopped at Urban Outfitters so she is obvs much cooler than I was back then…) and it had me thinking about my summer, and about summer in general. The long, warm(ish) nights, and that general feeling that you can and should do anything. In the winter, I hibernate. In the summer, I rise from the dirty winter ashes like a summery phoenix ready to drink all of the cocktails, eat all of the slightly undercooked BBQ sausages, and enjoy every ice lolly my Sainsbury’s Local has on offer. Suncream? Don’t need it – I’m a phoenix, (and a dumb Brit), remember?
Summer is about living your BEST life, and it’s hit me that we are very quickly hurtling towards autumn faster than you can say roll neck jumper and pumpkin spiced latte. So I’ve made it my mission to make this summer better than the last (something I do every single summer, and haven’t yet failed) and by doing so, I’m making my own summer bucket list – and I think you should too.
My summer so far has been pretty epic. I went through a breakup, bounced right back, stayed out all night, met a couple of hot guys, decided to move! Some guy asked for my number in a bar (this never happens in London anymore I swear), I got propositioned for a threesome by someone passing me a note, and my friend and I literally ran down the street away from a man in a suit that looked like Dracula after we drank the Pornstar Martinis he bought for us – and those three things happened in just one night!
Yes, summer has been epic. And there’s still time left – if we can trust the weather man then we’re on for an Indian Summer. So taking cues from that oh-so-(almost)- pure bucket list, I’ve got one of my own right here, of totally honest, fun, and silly things I want to achieve by the end of summer. Let’s carpe that fucking diem, people!
- Stay out All night – like, literally all night, until 7am.
- Make some new friends!
- Take a last minute holiday – even if it’s Paris! Or even Cornwall!
- Go to Brighton – I have never ever been
- Go to two after parties
- Go to some house parties! – I haven’t been in ages.
- Go to a fair
- Ask a guy for his number
- Ask a guy for his number in real life
- Ask a guy for his number in real life. Sober.
- Get drunk somewhere it’s quite inappropriate to get drunk at
- Get day drunk
- Learn to do yoga
- Do a new sport – or any sport
- Go on a day trip out of the city
- Borrow someone’s dog for the day
- SPAAA DAY
- Spend a hot day by Tooting Bec lido
- Go to a sandy beach in the UK
- Actually take a weekend off
- Read 5 books
- Go dancing at a proper dance class
- Go on a rowing boat
- Have a social media detox
- Have more DMC’s over a McDonalds at 3am
- Get drunk on the weeknight with my normal 9-5 worker friends and make them call in sick the next day so we can watch reruns of The Hills like the old time